Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Whale Spout

Macie found a ponytail holder lying on the table today and brought it over to me. And then pointed to her head.

I took that to mean that she wanted to have a ponytail like her sister. Shock.

I'm a big fan of the whale spout. Used to use it all the time with Ivie, when she was in that annoying stage where the hair is too long to let hang loose, she won't leave a barrette in longer than .02 seconds, and you don't want to cut her bangs, lest she grow up and, in 6th grade, be called a boy by the substitute teacher (in front of the whole class) because she, well, actually does look like a boy.

Oh. Wait. Am I typing out loud?

So. Moving on. As a result of this traumatic experience, my daughters will never have bangs. At least not until they are old enough to physically drive themselves to the hair salon.

Okay, I know you're thinking it. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get my hands on that 6th grade picture someday and post it here. Just so you all can get a GREAT laugh. At the expense of the blogger. Not that it would be a first.

For now, though, you'll have to settle for some whale spout pictures of the Mac-ster. Even though her hair isn't long enough to warrant it yet. But at least she has a "pony" like her big sis...

No comments: