Sunday, March 14, 2010

John Jacob Jingleheimer-Schmidt

This morning, Ivie broke out into song, crooning the words "John Jacob..." and then trailing off, seemingly not really knowing the rest of the phrase, before moving on to the next line. I recognized the tune, but couldn't remember the words myself. So off I went to trusty Google.

Here are the lyrics to the song:

John Jacob Jingleheimer-Schmidt,
His name is my name, too.

Whenever we go out,
The people always shout,
There goes John Jacob Jingleheimer-Schmidt.

Dah dah dah dah, dah dah dah

(repeat)

After I found the words, I went to YouTube to get the correct tune (isn't the internet amazing?!?). And Ivie and I proceeded to watch several videos of little kids singing the song. Then, of course, she wanted to be watching herself on my computer, too. So out came the trusty Flip... You'll see that we've got some work to do with, let's just say, "fine-tuning" her pronunciation of "Jingleheimer-Schmidt". She better be glad her last name isn't Schaeperkoetter! Although I can't WAIT till she's old enough to teach her to spell "Schaeperkoetter" to the tune of Jingle Bells (the way we learned how to spell it as kids). You can rest assured that it will someday appear on video, too!

No comments: