Welcome to Not Me! Monday! For those of you that read MckMama, you've heard of this. For those of you that don't, feel free to check out her blog to get the background on how this started as a way to tell about some of the funny things that you generally would refuse to admit to doing.
During the past 72 hours, it was certainly NOT ME who:
1) Wore the same gray sweatpants, non-stop, for 48 hours. Even in public on a trip to the grocery store. Even BACK to bed, as my pajamas, after a full 24 hours of wear.
2) Showered on Thursday night before bed. And not again until Sunday night before bed.
3) Found herself outside with the girls, tissue-less, when Macie's nose began running into her mouth and, rather than running inside to get a Kleenex, instead grabbed the neckline of Macie's shirt and promptly wiped her nose clean.
4) Allowed Ivie to grab some candy-coated pretzels out of the fridge for a snack and eat one before remembering that she'd been outside playing for an hour and her hands were nasty.
5) Doesn't remember the last time she changed her bedsheets.
6) Is fired up that her next houseguest might be the same person that was here last (yea, Stac!). Because it means she doesn't have to change those bedsheets, either.
7) After 2 straight weeks of dealing with Ivie's runny bowel movements for no apparent reason, finally was reminded of Florastor Kids (thanks to a trip to the doctor with Macie for an ear infection and a prescription for a medication that will cause the same), which is designed specifically for that reason, and which she already had in the cabinet. And, after 2 quick days of mixing it in Ivie's applesauce and yogurt, we saw signs of normalcy in the poop department on Saturday night.
8) Can't remember the last time she actually rinsed off Macie's pacifier before handing it back to her after picking it up off of any surface.
In summary, it is NOT ME that is sitting here typing this thinking that it really is a miracle that the girls aren't sick more often...