Monday, April 19, 2010

My Movie Monday (#3): Macie Practicing Her Words

Week 3 of joining Chrissy, over at Traveling Light, for...

My Movie Monday @ Traveling Light

I never got Ivie on video with her cute, toddler pronunciations of various words. So I don't think I have any evidence of her calling milk "moo" for the longest time. I sure wish I did, particularly because Macie hasn't followed suit, and it was the cutest thing.

So Saturday afternoon I filmed a video of Macie practicing her first words. Both Dale and I think that Mac is a bit slower with talking than Ivie, so she doesn't have many. But our doctor isn't concerned (neither am I, but Dale was, so I told him I'd bring it up to the doctor at Mac's 18-month appointment) - she told me that it's very typical of second children to lag behind in this area. I'm not surprised, given that we can't ever get Ivie to stop chattering. There's no down-time for Macie to pipe in!

You'll see from the video that I decided to record it just after Macie's 3-hour nap today. She was in quite a chipper mood, which is when she's most talkative. But she was also just diving into her afternoon snack. So I had to stop and start again after I was sure that I wasn't going to cause her to choke by simultaneously asking her to talk...

My favorite word of Macie's is "outside". Not really because of how it sounds. More because of the action it generally illicits when I say it. If she thinks that we're going outside to play, she goes crazy! Running to the door, pounding on the window, repeating "OUTSIDE!" at a shriek-y level. The kid loves to be outside.

Anyway, enough stories. Here's the video. Macie's words, in between bites of Chips Ahoy cookies (at least it was just one of those 100-Calorie Packs)...


3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Sarah was much slower than Caleb with talking, but once she got it, she got it (and now talks A LOT)! :o) Gabriel doesn't say anything. Really. In fact, watching this made me realize how much he doesn't say. When is Macie's birthday? I guess they are pretty close in age.

Mark Nguyen said...

so she's smiling and happy for all her words. except thank you. the expression on her face changes from happy to serious. as in, "mommy is making me say thank you for something and i better comply." :-)

Michelle said...

What a sweetie. I love all her words, she is doing great!