I'm sure that's what most of you are thinking. I mean, 3 fun-filled days at Disney World, and the best I can do for my inaugural return blog is to talk about Macie's 9th tooth cutting through while we were gone? Really?!?
There are several reasons for this:
1. Tooth #9 is the one we've been slightly worried about, since it's only a week shy of being 7 months behind its partner-in-crime on the right side. And the typical age for these teeth to pop out is 7-9 months. So, welcome to the world, upper left lateral incisor!!!
2. I'm going to have several Ivie-only blogs coming up. Don't want Mac-ster feeling left out!
3. It's 8:00a on the first day home after a tiring vacation. I'm home from work, thanks to Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, and I have high hopes of catching up on work emails and making some progress on pictures, blogging, and laundry (despite being home alone with the girls, since Dale has to work). But I've got to start somewhere, and it might as well be with a no-brainer post while the girls chow down on their mandarin oranges and Cookies & Cream Pop-Tarts...
4. I have to give a shout out to our wonderful friends, Bob, Stuart, and Will Cherry who took such wonderful care of Macie while we were gone. Though the report is that Mac was a little intimidated of him throughout her stay at their home, Bob must have done something to encourage her tooth to make an appearance. Who better for her to hang out with than him, since he's in his Pediatric Dentistry residency at UNC?
5. Since I always have to include a picture in the tooth blog posts, this is the perfect way to show you Macie's way of putting her hands on her head when she hurts herself. Just picture her doing this and saying "Owwww". Very cute.
6. And last, but certainly not least (it probably should have been first), I've got 2,247 pictures to sort through, choose from, edit/enhance, and organize (824 of mine and 1,423 of Brooke's). Can you say "overwhelming and daunting"? I'm not sure where to start, so I needed something to take my mind off of it before starting the process.
Back soon with stories from Disney World!