Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ivie's Random Thoughts (#8)

Sir or Ma'am?

All was well on our trip to school this morning. That is, until Ivie said,

"Mommy, will you tell Micah that boys are ma'ams?"

I gave her what I believed to be a fairly safe response. "Ivie, I can't tell Micah that, because that's not right. Girls are ma'ams. And boys are sirs."

You'd have thought I told her that she could never have another pop-tart for breakfast or popsicle for dessert. She broke into tears, telling me over and over that she wanted to be a sir. Despite my apparently feeble attempts to calm her and explain that it's actually very cool to be a ma'am, she wasn't backing down. It resulted in a screaming tantrum during which she pulled off her socks and shoes and threw them on the floorboard in the car. And when we got to school and I was finally able to FORCE said items back on her feet (with absolutely no assistance from her whatsoever), she got out of the car and threw herself on the ground in the parking lot, still wailing.

Random.


iTouch

I've downloaded several kids' games onto my new iTouch. And in an effort to educate Ivie as to what exactly the contraption is (you know, so she can sound "hip"), I've told her that when she wants to play with it, she needs to ask if she can use my "iTouch".

This morning, as we were about to head out the door for school, she said,

"Mommy, can I play with your Touch-ear in the car?"

I can certainly understand her confusion... We'll keep working on it.

No comments: