Friday, October 17, 2008

Show-and-Tell, Round 2: "Babby"

Another Friday! Today's toy for Show-and-Tell is one of those "dogs on a string" that you pull along behind you to simulate taking him for a walk. A couple of days ago, Ivie rescued him from the bottom of the toy bin (I hadn't seen it in months), and has been dragging him around since. So it was a no-brainer choice for this Friday.

Ivie's not much into naming her stuffed animals and other toys, though I have seen an increase in her desire to do so lately (another sign of her getting older!). So I was not surprised on Wednesday when she brought her dog to me in the living room and, with a questioning look on her face, said, "Mommy, what's HIS name?". I turned the question back to her, asking, "What IS his name, Ivie?" And she decided, in that moment, that his name was "Babby". Not sure where it came from, but it works!

Here are a couple of pictures of Babby and Ivie headed to school this morning.


No comments: