Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Addiction...

They say the first step to overcoming an addiction is admitting that you have a problem. So here goes...

I am addicted to kids' plastic cups, plates, and bowls. You know, the ones with the very cute designs on them that can only be put on the top shelf of the dishwasher (very annoying). I like the ones that are partitioned off into separate sections for the various food selections, but I'm not picky (though it's very cute when I fill all the sections, but Ivie wants something else and looks at her plate and says, "But I don't have a SPOT!!!" in her sad voice).


I know right where the "cute plates and cups" shelf is at the Super Target that we frequent (and boy, do I mean frequent! It's only about 1/4 of a mile from our house, and we probably make at least 3 trips a week, sometimes more!). In fact, the shopping trip that I went on by myself pre-Macie (referenced in my "Grapes" blog post on 9/7/08) resulted in the addition of yet another bowl and cup to the collection. Dale wonders where I'm going to start putting them, as the cabinet designated for them is over-flowing...


So here is a listing of the plates and cups that we currently have. Remember, mind you, that we only have ONE toddler that currently uses these...

Plate Designs

1) Boy in the Ocean Snorkeling
2) Boy in Space
3) Boy in the Jungle
4) Boy Catching Butterflies (these are all a set, though I don't remember where we got them...)

5) Pigs "Oinking"
6) Dogs Barking and Playing

7) Circus Animals
8) Frog/Bee/Lady Bug/Butterfly (each in their own "spot")

9) A Flying Cow

10) Flip-Flops (purchased last Thanksgiving so Ivie would have a plate to eat on at our beach house in North Myrtle)

11) Snowman

12) Multiple "plain" plates in various colors


Bowl Designs
1) Strawberries
2) Cherries
3) "Y-U-M" in fun font

Cup Designs

1) Flowers and Butterflies
2) "Regular" plastic cups in Pink, Purple, and Clear (Ivie prefers the clear ones at dinner time, because they look the most like Mommy and Daddy's glass cups)
3) A Menagerie of Letters

4) Birds and Flowers
5) Cups with Built-In Straws (great when your toddler loves to take straws in and out of cups - not possible with these!)

6) Monkey (with glitter that floats in liquid around the exterior of the cup - very cool!)

7) Frog (with the same floating glitter)


Alright, there you have it. I have proclaimed my addiction to the world. Let's see if it leads me down the path to recovery. Or if adding another munchkin to the family only makes it worse...

Here's a sampling...

2 comments:

Marcia said...

Kale has recently discovered that cabinet doors actually OPEN and CLOSE...so can he just come to your house and play in the cabinet that holds these???

Stacy W. said...

I would hate to try and load those into your dishwasher.