Sunday, October 5, 2008

Show-and-Tell, Round 1: Bath Toys

Fridays are Show-and-Tell Days at Ivie's "school". (It's really a daycare, but I call it school to make myself feel better about it.).

I thought it might be fun someday to have a recording of the various things that Ivie has brought to school for show-and-tell. I've missed several weeks, but there's no time like the present to start, right? I'll also try to include pictures of the items...

This past Friday, October 3rd, Ivie brought the aforementioned crocodile and frog bath toys. I'm not sure why the obsession with them... But they're so versatile, in Ivie's mind. First, they get to take a bath with her. They're supposed to swim, but they stopped doing that well a long time ago... After bath, they then join either me or Dale in the rocking chair with Ivie for reading time. Then, finally, when it's bedtime, they sometimes, if they're lucky, get covered up personally by Ivie with their own "blanket" (a lovey that Ivie doesn't use herself). They sleep peacefully next to Ivie until they are "rescued" by me or Dale after she falls asleep (so she doesn't wake up and play with them in the middle of the night).

Then, the next night, we do it all over again!

No comments: