Monday, October 27, 2008

The Real Thing

It's official. At 5:15a this morning, following the 2nd feeding of the night (Macie's gotten into a schedule of eating at 7:15p, 12:45a, and 5:00a, which isn't horrible, but I'm hoping will stretch out a bit...), I was changing Macie's diaper. And I got it. My first "real" smile. I know it was real, because it was followed up by 3 more, on cue, before I put her back to bed. Also, as we were out for an afternoon walk yesterday, Dale mentioned that he had gotten a smile out of her earlier that day. So the "social smile" has arrived, right on target at just under 7 weeks of age...

By the way, the best news is that the real think looks just like the "fake" one that I posted about on September 27th. It's a "whole-face" smile, with the eyes closing and everything. I love it!

While I'm giving a Macie update, I'll fill you in on her latest stats. Weight, at least... Last week, when she was 6 weeks old, I took her in to the doctor's office just to weigh her (since she doesn't have another appointment until the 2-month visit). At 6 weeks, she weighed in at 11 pounds and 5 ounces. Now, granted, that was with clothes on, but she's definitely growing like a very cute weed! I looked back at Ivie's records, and, at 8 weeks, she weighed 12 pounds, 1 ounce. Pretty sure Macie's going to blow that out of the water! She's definitely picked up major speed after weighing less at birth (6 lbs, 11 oz, versus Ivie's 7 lbs, 7 oz).

More good news on the Macie front... The letters for her name on the wall in her nursery finally arrived last week! They were special ordered on eBay from a lady that hand-paints them, and it took them almost 11 weeks to arrive. So Dale and I hung them yesterday (yes, he survived my anal disposition when it comes to hanging things on walls). I'll post a picture soon - they're adorable!

No comments: