Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ivie's Hair Cut

I got approval from Dale to cut off Ivie's hair. A lot of it, at least. Since Dale and I swap bath nights (Dale on Ivie-only nights, me on Ivie-and-Macie-combo nights), we both get to experience the washing of the hair. Ivie generally cooperates during the bath, but she does NOT like to have her hair combed afterward. So Dale and I thought if it were shorter, she might not fight it as badly...

So tonight we got it chopped off. And we all (most importantly Ivie) love it! Here are some pictures of the process. You'll note that Ivie had a "lolli" the entire time, and got to watch an episode of Dora, so she was happy and behaved perfectly. We celebrated afterward with Moe's (kids eat free on Tuesdays!) and Cold Stone (where Ivie had her standard blue cotton candy ice cream with sprinkles mix-in).

BEFORE


DURING


ALMOST DONE...


(VERY CUTE!) END RESULT

3 comments:

Stacy W. said...

So sweet. Ivie, I'd cut my hair for cold stone too! Good choice, my friend!

Marcia said...

So so so cute!!!! Did you go to pigtails and crewcuts (or somewhere similar)???

Steve and Karyn said...

So cute! I don't think Charlotte will need a hair cut for a few years at the rate we are going :)