Thursday, February 4, 2010

Addressing Valentines

Tonight, while the girls were playing downstairs before bed, I took advantage of the spare moments to address Valentine's Day cards for their classmates. Ivie wandered over, curious, so I explained to her what I was doing. She promptly informed me that SHE wanted to write her friends' names on the cards.

Since I was almost finished with her class, I told her that after I finished writing their names, she could follow behind me and do the same. Thankfully, she deemed this a satisfactory plan.

Here are some shots of her handiwork. She didn't do too badly, considering I used lower case letters (which she's not great with yet). Also, not knowing beforehand that my letters would be used as models for her, I used my very best "curvy girly" handwriting, which Ivie had a hard time copying (see the "a" in Samuel as an example of how she tried to put a little tail on the end of the letters!).

2 comments:

Stacy W. said...

so awesome... and kudos to you for letting her write on the nice crispy envelopes. they are just perfect!

Brooke said...

So cute....and I love how the "a" in Grace looks like a heart!!