Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Ivie's Random Thoughts (#4)

Just this morning, in the hour and a half that she was awake before we walked out the door to school and work, Ivie gave me enough material for another random thoughts post...

Halloween Song
I'd say 4 mornings out of 5 each work week we have to wake Ivie up a little after 7a to get her ready for school. This morning was the odd day out when she woke up on her own.

At about 6:40a, Dale and I heard her start singing. I was in the bathroom getting ready, and Dale was lying in bed reading (nearest the monitor), so I asked him several times what she was singing. He could never really make out the song(s). But she sang on, and on, and on.

About 10 minutes into her singing session, clear as day in an emphatic crescendo, both Dale and I hear...

"I DOOOOOOOON'T LIIIIIIIIIKE CANDY CORN!"

Those of you who have little Noggin/Moose A. Moose fans running around your homes will appreciate this. If you don't, it won't make any sense at all... So here's the video for you...

Rain
We're currently under a flood warning in North Carolina as the remnants of Hurricane Ida are dropping heavy rain that might ultimately equal 6 inches here... It rained on and off yesterday, and I think it precluded the kids from going outside at school. Which frustrates Ivie, who loves to go out and play.

This morning as we headed down the stairs, Ivie looked out the window at the front door. And saw that it was still raining.

Ivie (with an exasperated sigh): It's STIIIIIILL raining?!?

Me: Yes, Iv, it's going to rain allllll day today.

Ivie: That just DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!

I know it's disappointing, Iv. But you better get used to it, because it's supposed to rain for the next 3 days...

No comments: