Friday, November 6, 2009

Ivie's Random Thoughts (#3)

PJ's
2 Saturdays ago, before nap, I asked Ivie to take her shorts off and put on her Pull-Up (which she still wears for naps and overnight). I told her she could leave her t-shirt on, but she insisted on taking it off, because she wanted to wear her "jamamas" instead.

Too "out there" to even attempt a title...
Dale was gone Wednesday night. He called us on our way home from school, and Ivie and I were talking to him through my car's Bluetooth system. Dale told Ivie that he loved her, and Ivie responded with:

"I miss you, Daddy! I love you, I love you, I love you. (slight pause) I like to move it, move it. I like to move it, move it."

After she stopped, she and I both burst out laughing. Even SHE didn't know how to explain what had apparently come over her in that moment!

Dressing Up at School
While I definitely got the "Cool Mom" award for bringing in the homemade Halloween treats, I also made a critical error on the day of Ivie's fall festival at school. For a couple of days leading up to the party, there was a sign posted on the door that said they were letting the kids wear their costumes (a first, as they've never been allowed before). But since Ivie's only 3 1/2, and still doesn't remember that her Cheetos-covered fingers should be wiped on a napkin instead of her clothes, I didn't take the chance. I needed to save her Dorothy dress for trick-or-treating (and, ahem, pictures) the next day...

I figured there would be other parents who would feel the same way, and that Ivie wouldn't end up feeling too left out or even really noticing.

I figured wrong.

That day in the car after school, and probably about 10 times since then, Ivie has randomly looked me in the eye, transformed her face into its adorable little pout, and said, "Mommy, I'm so sad that you didn't let me wear my Dorothy costume to school." And then she goes on to describe to me the different costumes of the other kids in her class.

So let the record show, for Ivie's sake, that I HAVE told her that next year she can wear her costume to school. That gives me about 359 days to find one for her that won't show food stains...

1 comment:

Trish said...

The second one....I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard!