Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Show-and-Tell, Round 28: "Lily"

"Hi, I'm Lily, and you can count on me... How many flowers, tell me do you see?!?"

I'm a few weeks behind in posting this one. Actually, now that I look, the date on the picture is 6/19/09. So I just barely beat the 4-week mark. Falling off my game...

Lily's been an able companion for Ivie since her 1st birthday - she was a gift from the Devers, and she's still going strong. Lily has taken on various roles as Ivie's grown older. At first, Iv just liked to listen to her sing, so she would push her belly over and over. Next, Ivie started looking at the pictures in Lily's book and seemingly connecting them to the song. Then, she started counting along with Lily.

And now, as you'll see in the picture, Lily has reached every frog doll's ultimate goal of having Ivie wipe her bottom/change her diaper, since she has started "poopin' on herself," as Ivie so concisely and delicately explains, while shrugging, tilting her head to one side, and displaying a look on her face that looks frighteningly like her own mommy's after Ivie still (even at age 3 and pretty well potty-trained) pulls the same "nasty" (which Ivie also repeats) stunt.

Ah, to be a doll belonging to a pre-schooler. Every day a new and exciting adventure...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Love this post, Am. That's hilarious! We've had the same "butt-wiping" sessions around our house, quickly followed by the "screaming because the tape no longer sticks on the diaper" sessions. Ahhhhh....

Marcia said...

Hi, I'm Tad and you can count on me...tell Ivy that we have Tad at our house and that she should come visit him!!!