Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 2: Silver Dollar City

So I'm counting the dinner and hotel surprises as "Day 1" of our vacation, even though all we did was eat and crash. Any surprise that good has to have its own "day", right?

On Day 2, Thursday, the entire clan (minus Sam, who was at church camp until Friday) headed to Silver Dollar City for the day. The park opened at 9:30a, and knowing that we had several small kids, we planned to get there when it opened so that we could get in a full day before the lack of solid naps ruined the moods in the late afternoon/evening.

There aren't really many stories to tell about the day that can't be better told in pictures. So I think I'll let them do the talking...

Family Pictures


Hanging Out



American Plunge = WET!!!


Just Plum Tired...


Kids' Rides


Black and Whites (Just because I love 'em!)


When we started the day, if you'd have told me that we'd end up spending 8 1/2 straight hours there (9:30a until 6:00p), I'd have laughed hysterically in your face. But we made it! And, although we had a very tired group of kids, I don't remember ANY major melt-downs during the day. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen so many smiles on so many happy kids.

We topped off the night with pizza in the hotel, since no Schaeperkoetter vacation would be complete without a pizza night...!

No comments: