Monday, November 10, 2008

Show-and-Tell, Round 5: Elmo's Jet Ski

It just occurred to me this evening that I've failed to post about Show-and-Tell from last Friday. I know you all have been waiting with bated breath, as evidenced by the hundreds of emails I've received from Herman Nation readers across the country asking when they could expect to see what Ivie chose for last week...

Just kidding. I haven't gotten a single email. I'm certain that this is even more evidence that I pretty much write this blog solely for myself and, hopefully someday, my kids. Kind of like Meredith (Grey's Anatomy) likes reading her mom's journals. Anyway, I digress...

So Show-and-Tell last week was Elmo on a jet ski. I'm trying to remember when Ivie got this toy. I know it was from Grandma. And I THINK it was a "big sister" gift when Macie was born. Correct me if I'm wrong, Emma Jean...

So this jet ski is one of those toys that you wind up with the wheel in order to make it "go". But it's not an ordinary jet ski, because it works on water AND land. Fancy, huh?!? For Ivie, so far, it's been a land-only toy. Not sure why, other than for the fact that if she were to take it into the bath with her, it would have too many obstacles to work around (you should SEE all of the toys in her bathtub!). So we keep it on land and watch it fly across the foyer/dining room/kitchen. The open floor plan in our house lends itself well to these types of toys.

Guess we'll wait until next summer to see how well it works in water (once we head back to the swimming pool).

A note about the picture. Ivie insisted on holding the Elmo blow-up doll along with the jet ski. I think she's starting to understand "themes"...

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Actually, on Satruday I was wondering about show and tell Friday...but didn't figure it was worth an email! :P

Glad to know she didn't miss a week of fabulous show and tell!