Sunday, November 23, 2008

Christmas Snowflakes

I'm not a very crafty person, so I envy those that are... But I love to see other people's ideas and try to emulate them. Particularly if they don't seem too challenging.

So I was thrilled to see the idea of Christmas snowflakes on the crafty "flipflops and applesauce" blog that I follow (www.flipflopsandapplesauce.blogspot.com). All I needed were Q-tips, glue, glitter, and wax paper. Simple!!!


Had the Q-tips and wax paper, but picked up the glue and the glitter at Target yesterday. Unfortunately, I couldn't find normal glitter, so I went with "glitter glue" instead. But went ahead and purchased some tried-and-true Elmer's Glue, too, just to be safe.


Ivie had a blast working on these with me. She helped me squeeze the glitter glue on the various joints. I got smart after the green one (on which I used ONLY the glitter glue on the joints) and use Elmer's Glue first on the red and blue ones, followed by just a dab of the glitter glue for decorative purposes.

We let them dry overnight and, miraculously, they're holding together well today! Ivie proudly carried each of them into the kitchen to "show Daddy" before I tied them together with floss (didn't have clear fishing line). But here are some pictures of the finished project. Still trying to decide where to hang them...




No comments: