Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Slice of Bryce (#2): Three Weeks

It's already been two weeks since my last Slice of Bryce post! Crazy. Time for an update...

1) Bryce still eats every 2.5 to 3.5 hours. And sometimes every 2 hours, particularly if it's nighttime (or at least it seems that way!).

2) Proof that he is a very good eater can be found in his weight gain over the past 3 weeks. Here are the stats:

April 23rd (Birth): 8 pounds
April 25th: 7 pounds, 14 ounces
May 2nd: 8 pounds, 13 ounces
May 9th: 9 pounds, 12 ounces
May 16th: 10 pounds, 11 ounces

So he has gained exactly 15 ounces each week. The mathematician in me loves the pattern in these numbers. The mom in me loves that he's flourishing! The organizer in me wonders if I should just go ahead and change his closet over to the 3-6 months clothes, since he's already filling out the 0-3's!

3) Bryce really struggles with gas pains. And, unfortunately, it's proven to be the worst during the night. He's quite a grunter! And when he tires of grunting he moves to screaming. I don't really know what hyenas sound like, but I imagine Bryce could give them a run for their money. I wish I could say that his cry is cute. But it's not. It's actually pretty annoying. Good thing he's my baby, which makes everything about him amazing. Too bad that doesn't translate into sleep for a tired mommy...

4) I've discovered that the best naps are the ones B takes in his car seat. He will sleep for HOURS in there. I feel guilty leaving him in there when he's sleeping upon our return home from an outing, but he just looks so peaceful. And quiet. Ahhhhh, quiet.

5) Seriously. Is this not the most perfect baby you've ever seen?!?


6) And one more picture, just for kicks. Doesn't he just look CHILL here?

No comments: