Saturday, February 14, 2009

Show-and-Tell, Round 13: Purrcy

On the Friday before Valentine's Day, it's appropriate to take a Valentine's-themed stuffed animal to Show-and-Tell, right? Thankfully, Dale is well-known in our household for being a sucker for the Hallmark stuffed-item-of-the-holiday... You know, the type that sing, talk, laugh, etc. A couple of these have been Show-and-Tell items before (see Halloween Spooky Tree and Grinch).

Speaking of Hallmark, my husband might be the only man on this earth that has his own Gold Crown card, and had it before he got married. I think it's about 20 years old - definitely the first style of card that came out. And he gets more reward coupons with it than I do. He's a "card man" (one of the many things that I love about him). He also insists on sending me flowers every Valentine's Day, even though every year we have a discussion about how I would prefer to save the money and spend it on something that lasts more than a week. But I digress...


So this Friday's Show-and-Tell item was Hallmark's very own Purrcy, a pink lion with a red heart mane. It laughs when you squeeze its paw, and whines when you pull its tail. Very clever.


Two pictures of Purrcy this week as a Valentine's Day treat. One with Ivie, and one with said flowers. Thanks, Sweetie! They're beautiful. And still alive... For now...



No comments: