Another month has flown by! Time for another list to document Bryce's developments:
1) Bryce is almost sitting up on his own. With the help of the Boppy cradled behind him, he can now sit and play with toys. He's still a bit top/front heavy, but his back and belly muscles seem to be getting stronger every day.
2) B has started taking an occasional nap on his belly. But he continues to sleep through the night on his back. So the jury is still out in terms of what his favorite sleeping position will end up being.
3) It's getting easier and easier to get a belly laugh out of him. And it's just the sweetest sound. I don't remember either of the girls being this quick to laugh, so I'm enjoying every opportunity I get to make him cackle.
4) You know the phrase, "It'll get worse before it gets better"? It seems to apply to B and his spitting. Maybe it's just more noticeable since his spit now contains remnants of "real" food and not just breastmilk. But, either way, it doesn't seem to be going away. Guess we'll have to keep the bibs handy for a while more...
5) We moved Bryce up to the big boy car seat. He was just getting too heavy for me to lug around in the infant carrier.
6) He's really started reaching for toys, which makes his froggy bouncer and doorway jumper more entertaining. He will sit happily in both of these for significant periods of time. He's even been known to fall asleep in them if I don't get to him in time and the weariness takes over.
7) We've experimented with several different varieties of Size 1 Fruits and Vegetables. Bananas and pears seem to be favorites, but Bryce doesn't really like the peaches much. And there appears to be a slight preference for the yellow/orange veggies (sweet potatoes, carrots, squash) than for the green ones (green beans, peas).
8) Though no tooth has made an appearance yet, the first one can't be far away. If the increase in slobbering and hand-chomping is any indication, that is.