Thursday, November 4, 2010

Our Journey to Five (#4)

Thursday, October 28th

Today, for the first time, I couldn't button my jeans. (I'm blaming the washing machine for shrinking them.) So I had to pull out the elastic band dealie that you can use in that awkward stage where your normal pants are too small but your maternity pants too big. Research online identifies these as "tummy tubes". I got them during my pregnancy with Macie, but I don't remember using them. Now I'm not sure why. Pretty comfy.


Friday, October 29th

Thought you'd be interested to know that, by the end of the day today, I was able to button the above-referenced jeans. See? Proof that I was right about the washing machine! The jeans just needed to be worn (non-stop for 2 straight days) and stretched out. Thankfully, neither of my children has wiped her dirty face or hands on me yet, so I might get another day (or two) of wear out of these jeans before we have to go through this cycle again.

Also today, I purchased the first piece of clothing for the new baby. Here's a picture.  Isn't it cute?  And very gender neutral...



Monday, November 1st

"Too Much Information" warning for those of you with weak stomachs...

It must be a boy.

Because this morning, for the first time EVER during a pregnancy, I actually threw up. I mean, I've felt like I was going to many times before, but never have. So what was different this time? The verdict is that I was awake too long before eating (5:30a - thanks for the wake-up call, Mac - until 8:00a). And when I realized, too late, the food I grabbed was a cup of peaches. Not the taste I needed, apparently, and I found myself in the bathroom minutes later.

To make matters even worse, while my head was hanging over the toilet, I got a nosebleed, which is another pattern of mine during winter "dry season" pregnancies.  I've had nosebleed issues since I was a child, and pregnancies have proven to exacerbate the problem.

You can just picture the sorry state I was in, I'm sure. Although I'm positive you don't want to.

Alright. That's enough. At least I warned you going in. Someday I'll look back at this and laugh...


Tuesday, November 2nd

Today, a co-worker commented on my newly-popped-out belly button.

'Nuff said.


Wednesday, November 3rd

Since I've got a picture of the baby's first piece of clothing in this post, I thought I would add the first picture of the baby, too.  Or, at least "the baby in Mommy's belly", as Ivie puts it.  I had Ivie wield the camera, obviously, since I'm clearly looking down at the photographer...


As you can see, at 15 weeks pregnant, I definitely have a belly starting.  And, though I don't have picture records of the first 2 pregnancies, I'm pretty sure that the bump has appeared quicker with this one than with the others, though that's what "they" say always happens throughout multiple pregnancies anyway.  So far the bump has stayed pretty high, allowing my low-rise pants to continue to fit.  We'll see how long that lasts...

No comments: