Saturday, July 31, 2010

Grandparents' Visit

Dale's in Oregon on a golf trip, so my parents have been in town helping since Wednesday evening. Work is a bit crazy for me right now, so the timing of their visit is perfect. In anticipation of their visit, I made a mental list of chores that Mom could help with while they're here (they don't leave until Tuesday). I shared the tasks with her Wednesday night, ticking off item after item, including sharing my embarrassment that I couldn't remember the last time I'd washed our bed sheets (should have saved that for a "Not Me Monday" post, I know).

Anyway, when I got home from work Thursday night, it was as if Super Woman had shown up overnight. Every chore was complete. And a couple that I hadn't even mentioned.

My mom is amazing. But most of you knew that already.

Then, yesterday, Grandma and her best friend, Nancy (whom Ivie calls "Lancy", for some reason!), made the drive from Hickory to spend the afternoon with us. We took the girls to Rudino's for lunch, and then hung out at home. Ivie, of course, couldn't pass up the opportunity to dress up for her visitors. And then she had the idea of "sharing the love" with the dress-up fun. I couldn't resist taking a picture, although I'm pretty sure 3 of the beautiful ladies in the photo would have preferred that it not appear on my blog. Don't worry, gals. You represent one-fifth of my readership, anyway, so it's really no big deal.

Thanks for making it a fun Friday!

No comments: