Sunday, May 9, 2010

Simplify Sunday (#5)

It's been quite a while since I've had a Simplify Sunday post. Not much simplifying going on around here lately...

But then this weekend rolled around. And, first thing Saturday morning, we dove into "Operation Amy's-Cousin-Amanda-Arrives-in-15-Days-and-Has-No-Place-To-Sleep". Dale and I double-teamed the guest room, which turned into also organizing/purging in both of the girls' rooms, our room, the bonus room/office, the dining room table, and the downstairs coat closet. Because we, of course, had to find someplace to put the stuff from the guest room that HAD TO GO!

It literally took us all day, but we were super-productive! Dale made two trips to the dumpster and another trip to the Goodwill drop-off. I'm not sure how, but we found behind-the-scenes homes for everything that you see on the floor of the guest room in the "before" picture below. A lot of stuff!

Amanda, we're so excited for you to come stay with us. We're ready for you now!!!

BEFORE


AFTER

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Good Job....you inspired me to re-declutter my guest room. In between the sneezing and snotting, I got a little bit of it accomplished. :)