Thursday, June 2, 2011

Facebook: April and May, 2011

Technology. I love that it makes this big world a bit smaller.

I love that, through this blog, I am able to share the lives of my children with my family and friends all over the country. And, through Skype, the kids and I can, at the drop of a hat, talk to AND SEE my parents in Missouri. Then, there's Facebook. A way to keep in touch with literally hundreds of old (and new) friends with whom I otherwise likely would not.

Thanks to my Blackberry, I'm able to share quips and random pictures on the go with my Facebook friends. Until now, though, I haven't taken the time to get these thoughts and pictures into a form that I can keep and share with the kiddos someday. Nor have I been able to share them with family members who haven't ventured into the world of Facebook (yes, I'm talking to you, Mom, Dad, and Emma Jean!).

So, to solve that problem, welcome to my Facebook series on Herman Nation! At the end of each month, I'll post here all of my Facebook statuses (or at least the ones that have anything to do with my kids!) and upload the applicable pictures. And, voi·là, it'll all be there for the history (err, blog) books.

Technology. Gotta love it.


April 1 at 6:19pm

Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman
had no idea there were so many crevices in a car seat to which throw-up could make its way... This thing might never get put back together correctly!



April 13 at 2:48pm


Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman

Hard to believe we've got Kindergarten on the horizon! Happy birthday, Ivie!!!!



April 13 at 6:18pm


Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman

is not sure what to think of Ivie voluntarily requesting broccoli at her birthday dinner at Red Robin, and then actually eating it...


April 17 at 10:15pm

Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman

finally figured out how to convert Flip Videos so they will sync with iTouch and iPad. Ahhhhh. Bed time now...


April 23 at 8:37am

Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman

Bryce Frady Herman: 4/23/11, 12:23 am. 8 pounds. PERFECT.



April 24 at 12:52pm

Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman

Heading home!



April 25 at 8:14am

Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman
wonders how many burp cloths a baby can ruin in one night... (6, apparently.)


May 3 at 8:04am

Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman
actually got 7 hours of sleep last night!!! Thanks, Bryce - good work!!!



May 7 at 1:18pm

Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman

First nap in his crib...



May 7 at 9:22pm

Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman
Uh oh. Macie lost her lovey today. I just ordered her another one - hoping we make it through the next several nights until it arrives...



May 8 at 8:52am

Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman
is headed to IHOP for Mother's Day brunch shortly. Year #6 of the tradition! Blueberry pancakes and country omelet, HERE I COME.



May 8 at 3:04pm

Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman
hmmmm, nap or shower - the dilemma of moms with newborns...



May 11 at 9:57am

Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman
How Bryce prefers to go on walks...



May 12 at 1:49pm

Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman
is still in her pj's, wearing her glasses. At nearly 2 pm. On a Thursday. Only on maternity leave!



May 12 at 2:51pm

Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman
UPDATE: I left the house. To walk to the mailbox.



May 12 at 5:36pm

Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman
Macie's replacement lovey arrived in the mail today. All is again right in her world...



May 13 at 9:39pm

Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman
Posted some naked baby pics - someday he'll be mad at me for this...



May 16 at 8:29am

Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman
Sleeping now, after a not-very-successful night of fighting gas bubbles...



May 16 at 10:38am

Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman
Awake!!!



May 22 at 11:36am

Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman
has the 3 kids by herself for the first time this afternoon... We'll see how this goes!!



May 23 at 11:28am

Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman
is playing catch with my nephew. First time I've thrown a baseball in probably 6 years. It's as fun as I remember!



May 25 at 9:55am

Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman
just got my first real smile from B. LOVE IT!!!



May 26 at 9:18am

Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman
Slightly girly shades for our walk...



May 27 at 3:15pm

Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman
Like my froggy?!?



May 28 at 8:27am

Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman
No description necessary...



May 28 at 4:40pm

Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman
‎3. Hour. Nap. (Thanks, Dale!)



May 29 at 7:38am

Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman
Good morning, World!


May 29 at 7:56am

Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman
These "shorts" look more like pants. Does this mean I'm gonna have short legs?!?


May 30 at 12:30pm

Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman
Good news: Bryce took his first bottle. Bad news: Time to start cleaning pump supplies.



May 30 at 5:25pm

Amy Schaeperkoetter Herman
Apparently practicing ponytails on a pony's tail!!!



No comments: