Monday, April 12, 2010

School Treats for the Birthday Girl

Tomorrow is Ivie's 4th birthday, and I feel obligated to take a birthday snack of some sort to school, even though most of her classmates will be at her party on the 24th. But, of course, since I still have 2 weeks before the party, her ACTUAL big day kind of snuck up on me and I found myself without a treat idea as of Saturday evening.

So when we went to Harris Teeter on our weekly grocery shopping trip after church yesterday morning, I bought supplies to make Rice Krispie Treats. The teachers would like that they aren't too "messy", and what kid doesn't like a bar full of sugar?!? And, since Ivie's favorite color is pink, I got some pink (and green for the boys!) food coloring, too.

So this is what happens when I come up with treat ideas "on my own"...


Yes, the "neon" green actually came out looking pretty boring yellow'ish. And every mother of Ivie's friends that reads this blog (on second thought, I don't think any of them do, so I guess I'm safe!) is wincing at the SIZE of the squares that I cut for each kid. Plus, my penmanship with the glitter gel leaves a bit to be desired.

But when Ivie came downstairs from her nap yesterday afternoon and saw the finished product, she flashed me the same proud smile she gives when I finish "fancy" treats.

Here's to a continuation of Ivie's apparently very low standards.

No comments: