Friday, April 23, 2010

No GOOD Reason

I've got ten reasons (that I could think of in the 15 minutes I had to write this before leaving the office) why I'm doing this post today. NONE of which are good ones. Oh well. Here they are, anyway:

1) Tomorrow is Ivie's 4th birthday party. So I have a feeling I'm going to be knee-deep in pictures of Ivie and her friends. For, well, probably several weeks, given that our friend, Brooke, has agreed to don her camera for the event. And she has a tendency to, well, let's just say she likes to take pictures. So Macie might not get much blog time for a while. After this post, that is.

2) I love this hat (which Rameses signed for Ivie on the day of the Spring Football Game). GO HEELS!

3) I love this t-shirt (which Dale and I brought home for her from our trip to New York).

4) I love how her eyes match her hat.

5) I love how her curls stick out from beneath her hat.

6) I haven't had a "normal" blog in a while. You know, besides the "Wordless Wednesdays" , "My Movie Mondays", and "Show-and-Tells".

7) There was a brief time yesterday evening after dinner when Macie was happy and smiley. These times rarely occur in the evenings after long days at school. So I took advantage and pulled out the camera.

8) Macie is learning how to smile on cue. And the resulting grin is oh, so cute.

9) These pictures make me forget (for a few minutes, anyway) the fact that Macie, over the past several weeks, has become a little, no-real-way-to-say-it-nicely, "difficult". Dale calls her a "nightmare". I refuse to be that mean. (So, Mac, when you read this in several years, it was YOUR DADDY THAT SAID IT). She wants what she wants, and if she doesn't get it, immediately, then someone, or something, is going to have to pay. And it's usually our eardrums from the screaming. Or her plate of food when she throws it on the ground.

10) It's Friday afternoon, and I needed a pick-me-up. How can looking at these pictures not do the trick?!?














1 comment:

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

So beautiful! And I like the new blog look! I'm glad I'm not the only who felt the need for a change.