Saturday, January 24, 2009

Our Week Together

Dear Nina,

We just dropped you off at the airport a little bit ago. And I already miss you so much. I was doing so great at not getting emotional until Mommy got back in the car. I could tell she was crying. And then I looked out the window at you, and your face was wet, too. So that made me sad, and all the way home, I whimpered, "Niiiiiiiina! Niiiiiiiina!".


By the time you read this, you'll be safely back home with Papa. I know it will feel good for you to be back in your house. And sleep in your own bed. I know how hard it is to sleep in a bed that isn't yours. And you did it for 6 whole nights just so you could spend time with me and Macie! Now THAT is a special Nina.

I had so much fun with you this week, Nina! Gosh, I think I gained 3 pounds with the yummy food that you cooked for us. Mommy loves meatloaf, and lasagna, and Manwich, but she doesn't have much time for cooking since she's gone back to work. That's what she says, at least, but I sure don't remember her doing much cooking when she was home with Macie on maternity leave, either. But I probably shouldn't bring that up, should I?

Anyway, I loved skipping school and going to the museum with you on Friday. Dancing in that sound room was great, huh? And screaming in the tunnel on the train ride, and looking at the butterflies up close (but not too close - they're kinda scary!), and looking at the possum (or the opossum, depending on whom you talk to), and trying your really hot soup, and being disgusted by the cockroaches, and watching the caterpillar eat the leaf on the television, and, well, I could go on and on, but you get the picture. It was just a really great day!


Macie can't talk since she's just a baby, but she had so much fun sitting on your lap and listening to you talk to her. And not many people can get her to eat a full bottle, Nina, but you sure could. That's a special Nina that can do that. And Macie also wanted me to tell you thank you for holding her while Mommy played outside in the snow with me.

I still don't really understand the whole "Mommy is my mommy and you are Mommy's mommy" thing that you tried to explain to me. But all I know is that you must be a very special person to love me as much as you do and spend so much time with me at my house. So I just wanted to write you and say thank you, just in case Mommy didn't thank you enough for all of us. I'm only 2 1/2, so I don't know the best words to use. But when I asked Mommy to help me find the right words, she told me just to tell you that words can't express how thankful we are to you and how much we love you and miss you. She said you would know that it comes from the "bottoms of our hearts" if I said that. Not sure how we can talk from the bottoms of our hearts, but I guess that's something that only big people understand. Kind of like how I put food in my mouth and it goes into my belly. I guess I'll figure it out someday, but, for now, I'll just take Mommy's word for it.


I could go on and on, but I'll just stop now. Cuz I'm really tired and it's my nap time. But I'm sad that you won't be here when I wake up. I'll probably check your room for you just to be sure that you're really gone. Don't worry, any time anyone else sleeps in that room, I'm always very quick to tell them that it's Nina and Papa's room. And it will be here waiting for you the next time you come to visit me. Mommy mentioned something about April and Cancun. That sounds like a trip, and I have a feeling I'm not invited. But if it means I get to spend time with you, then that's okay with me.

Like I told you on the way to the airport today, "I very very love you, Nina." And I'll see you again soon. Give Papa a hug for me.

Love,

Ivie (and Macie, too)





No comments: