Sunday, January 29, 2012

What's It Worth?

This morning, Bryce started whimpering around 6:15a (a cherished 45 minutes earlier than Dale and I prefer to be aroused on weekends). As Dale and I lay in bed in silence, both of us clearly trying to figure out the next step, Dale said, "That sounds like the sort of cry that means I could get him to go back to sleep on my chest." In response, I said, "Yeah, but he's going to be soaking wet." Both of us, mind you, were speaking from experience. Dale, who has had much more success than me at getting B back to sleep in the early mornings, and me, who knew that I had nursed B at midnight and not changed his diaper.

We decided that Dale would give it a shot. So when he returned with Bryce, I stayed silent and wrapped up in the covers on my side of the bed (knowing that if B saw me, he would think "MILK!", and it would all be over).

An hour and a half later, when I returned to the room after hanging out with the girls, Dale had the following the say:

"The good news is that I was right (as B sat happily on his chest after waking up just minutes before). The bad news is that you were right, too. Looks like we're going to have to wash the sheets today."

So, in the Herman house, it appears as though a few more minutes of sleep is worth an extra load of laundry and the annoyance of stripping and re-making a bed...

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

That's a tough one...I'm not sure which one I could choose! I hate doing extra laundry! ;)