Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Pledge of Allegiance. In Latin. Random, I Know.

Ivie often comes home from Kindergarten reciting random phrases, etc., in Latin. While I'm impressed that they're teaching the kids another language, I sometimes wish she would instead come home saying things in Spanish. You know, a language that might actually do her some good someday.

Anyway, I think her class has been working on the Pledge of Allegiance for quite some time now, so I thought I would get it on video so that when she's older, and it's long-gone from her memory (sort of like any knowledge I used to have of the German language), she will have proof that she once knew it.

If any of you out there actually know Latin, or even just the Pledge of Allegiance in Latin, feel free to fill me in if there is any of it that Ivie doesn't get quite right. Because, right now, she has me fooled into believing she actually knows it...

(Sorry about Macie's interruption part of the way through. She was adamant about showing Ivie where she was supposed to sit after her performance. And it definitely couldn't wait until Ivie was finished, because, well, these days it's Macie's World, and we all should just be happy that we've been given the opportunity to live in it.)

No comments: