Saturday, September 6, 2008

My First Blog...

Well, Macie has officially decided that she's going to stay in utero longer than Ivie. Doing her own thing. Not sure if that's a sign of things to come with her, or what! At this time in my pregnancy with Ivie, I was heavily in labor, about 6 hours, I guess, from one of the happiest moments in my life. She was FINALLY in my arms instead of my belly! And what a great feeling THAT was.

But for now, with Mac, we just wait... We DID go out for Mexican tonight (thanks, Bandido's!) with hopes of stirring up labor with the old wives' tale of spicy food. We'll see how it works.

Just starting out with this whole blogging thing. Figure it's a great way to make permanent all the hilarious things that the kid(s) of the Herman clan do. You know, all those things that you say "I should write that down so I don't forget that it happened!". Well, here we go. Let it begin...

Today, for example, Ivie, out of the blue, started singing Jingle Bells. She hasn't heard that in, say, 9 months or so, but she was giving us a medley of Jingle Bells, Wheels on the Bus, and Jesus Loves Me. Random? Yes. Surprising? Not for this kid!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You went to Bandido's with out me??
Love the blog, and love the fact I am the first to comment on Herman Nation. My reward better be a prompt phone call when Macie arrives.

Marcia said...

Oh YEA!!!! This is going to be loads of fun. Don't worry. I am not only addicted to blogging, but am also addicted to reading the blogs of my friends...so if you go to long without posting, expect a nagging email or phone call.

Oh, and I cashed the check. Then I went to the grocery store when the lady behind me with several kids looked like she was really trying to stretch her dollars. As I started the leave, I gave her $20 to use towards her groceries and told her it was from my pregnant crazy friend in North Carolina. So THERE! HA!