Saturday, April 9, 2011

Our Saturday

Tonight, as I put the girls to bed, we reflected on all the fun things we'd done today. Part of the way through the discussion, Ivie cut me off and said, "Mommy, we did a LOT of great things today! I wish we could do those things EVERY DAY!!!"

So I thought I would put a quick run-down of our day into writing, before the days move on and we forget the details...

1) Today was the UNC Football Spring Game, complete with bounce houses in the Bell Tower Quad. The bounce houses were ready for action at noon, so we were there by 10 after, fired up to get started. Sadly, we were without Dale, who woke up sick this morning and, therefore, stayed home snuggled in multiple blankets on the couch with cold chills and a fever.

2) At the bounce houses, we threw the football through the holes in the screen, bounced in the house, went through the obstacle course, and successfully made it up the tall stairs and down the big slide TWICE. I was so impressed by Macie, as she has mastered the art of climbing the blow-up stairs, which is HUGE, since my belly (also huge at this point!) likely wouldn't have allowed me to go up after her had she gotten stuck!

3) When we left the bounce houses, we went looking for ice cream. Unfortunately, the Chick-fil-A in The Pit was closed, but at least we got to see Rameses and give him high-fives (Macie) and hugs (Ivie). Rameses responded with a gift of pom-poms to each of the girls, which they, of course, loved.

4) Intent on getting ice cream, we decided to venture to the mall. We settled on Dippin' Dots (cotton candy for Iv, chocolate for Mac, and strawberry for me). After eating, we headed down to the mall play place to burn a bit more energy.

5) On our way, we saw that the Easter Bunny was set up taking pictures with kids. And, as luck would have it, it was his first day "on the job" at the mall, and there was NO line. So we took full advantage and walked RIGHT UP to his lap. Apparently the Easter Bunny looks a bit friendlier than Rameses, as Macie had no qualms about jumping right up into his lap. Thankfully, I had my diaper bag (and, thus, my point-and-shoot camera) with me...

6) After 20 or so minutes at the mall play place, we headed home for nap. It was 3p before we got home, a solid 2 hours after Macie's nap time generally begins, and I spent the next 40 minutes paying for it. Exhausted beyond comprehension, she screamed, flopped, and tossed herself around on the floor for a solid 30 minutes. I finally talked her into reading "Pinkalicious" and snuggling into her bed. I think she was asleep before I made it to the door.

7) Dinner was Hamburger Helper, crackers, and peas. Gourmet, I know. But you'd have thought it was something really impressive the way that Ivie raved about how good it was. She said, "Mommy, you make the BEST food!!". Gotta love a kid that loves pasta.

8) Dessert was an ice cream sandwich. And we didn't make the girls share one this time. So, once again, they were in hog heaven.

That was it! Our day. Probably seems kind of boring to most of you. But, to my girls, it was perfect.

And that's what matters most to me.

1 comment:

Trish said...

Sounds like a GREAT day to the Ross Family!!!