Saturday, April 16, 2011

Macie's Turn (#9): "Singy" the Sing-a-ma-jig

Yesterday, when I told Macie to pick out a Show-and-Tell item, she headed for the living room. When the girls go in there after a toy, there's no telling what they'll come back with. Generally it's something with 15 parts and we have to negotiate how many I'm going to let them bring to school (for fear of all the pieces not making it back home safely).

This time, though, Mac came back with one item. And it was one new to the Show-and-Tell circuit, so she hit a home run!

This doll had yet to have a name, for some reason, so we spent the drive to school trying to name her. I started with "Pinky", obviously trying to think of something I could remember, but the girls weren't fans of that. Then I told them that it was called a Sing-a-ma-jig, and that maybe we could call it "Singy". Lame. I know. I'm not very creative. This should not be news to any of you.

But Macie liked it, and, since it was in her possession for Show-and-Tell, she was the ultimate judge.

So there you have it. Singy (pronounced by Macie as "Sin-gee", not "Sing-ee").

Turns out I was more creative than the folks at Mattel. They call this particular Sing-a-ma-jig "Pink". I mean, come on. At least I added a "y" to the color to make it more name-like!!!

No comments: