Dale and I had our session at Prenatal Peek this morning to hang out with Bryce in 3- and 4-D. We opted not to bring Ivie with us. Dale thought she would get bored, and we decided we can always show her the DVD at home sometime if she wants to see her baby brother.
Things we learned about Bryce during our session:
1) He is most definitely a "he" and doesn't mind showing off that fact! So we can keep the name and all the blue that has invaded our house.
2) He loves to have his hands by his face (so did his sisters!).
3) He is head down, prepping for delivery day!
4) It's his FEET that kick me regularly - we watched him do it several times during our 30-minute session, and got a picture of the foot right up against the uterine wall. The technician laughed and said, "Is he ALWAYS this active?!?" I had to answer yes...
5) He apparently has some hair (though actually seeing it was beyond my ultrasound-reading abilities).
6) He has a big nose, about which Dale is concerned (even though the lady explained that all noses at this stage look large, because they don't yet have cartilage, so they smush easily, making them appear big).
Here are some of the pictures from our session... I opted to put them in black and white on here, even though I have them in "color". (I'm not really sure how you can call that yucky brown tone "color", but the folks at Prenatal Peek insist on it... I guess it gives them license to charge more.) Most of these are face shots, so even those of you that haven't had much experience with ultrasounds should be able to figure out what is what. And, for those instances where you might not be able to, the lady was kind enough to label the pictures for you.
It sure was good to hang out with you this morning, Bryce! 11 weeks and counting until we get to experience your extreme cuteness face-to-face. Mommy can't wait...