Monday, March 23, 2009

25 Random Things: Uncle Matt

Next up for the guest bloggers is Uncle Matt (another sibling with a Facebook page that got peer pressured into writing 25 Random Things about himself).


Uncle Matt works in college athletics, just like me. I like to claim that he saw how much fun I was having and decided to follow suit and go to school for Sport Administration. But, of course, he trumped me by going to the best program in the country, Ohio University, where he could get his MBA at the same time. Not to mention that he met his sweet girlfriend, Carla, while in Athens, Ohio. What a cool cat he is.

I always joke with Matt that he looks like he's 15. Even though he's now 27. I'm tellin' ya, the kid doesn't age - he's still got that adorable baby face. I still call him "Matty" every once in a while, for old time's sake.

Matt and Carla live in Oklahoma, so they don't get the benefit of regular meals out with our parents, either! Though Matt got spoiled plenty being the "baby" of our family, which is also an ongoing joke in our family. I mean, just as one example, he's the only kid that Mom didn't force to take piano lessons - she was too tired of fighting with us about practicing by the time Matt was of age!

Without further ado, here's more about Matty:

1. I LOVE Sun-drop and Coke. They are the greatest sodas ever created and I drink 3-4 per day.

2. I have 2 masters degrees - Masters of Business Administration and Masters of Sports Administration. I am very proud of both.

3. I have hit one hole-in-one when I was in 8th grade. It was the day of my brother Scott's high school graduation and he witnessed it. I ended up shooting 9 over for 9 holes that day.

4. I hate horror films or anything that resembles a horror film. They give me nightmares. I hated watching "Unsolved Mysteries" as a kid but everybody else liked to watch it so I had to cover my eyes a lot.

5. I buy books so I can lend them out to people to borrow.

6. I have played over 100 holes of golf in one day.

7. I want a man cave....equipped with HD TV, all my sports memorabilia, and a mini fridge.

8. I made one B in high school but was barely in the top 10 in my class in GPA. The class of the millennium had a bunch of overachievers.

9. My favorite food is mashed potatoes.

10. I have cooked a rack of lamb before....for Valentine's Day.

11. I wrecked my dad's riding lawnmower into a tree when I was really young. The airbag didn't deploy.

12. I am in the process of making a "bucket list" of things that I want to do or accomplish before I die.

13. I really like Randy Jackson from American Idol and try to talk like him on a daily basis....yeah dog!

14. I have gone through at least 10 cell phones. I dropped one in a toilet and one in the Hocking River.

15. I have witnessed the Cardinals beat the Cubs at Wrigley. The score was 12-3. It was a beat down.

16. I don't take my contacts out for 3 months at a time. When they start hurting, I take them out.

17. I wait as long as I can before I fill up my gas tank. I have only run out of gas twice. I go "0 miles to empty" often.

18. I'm trying to become at least 1/2 Italian. "Park in my spacea and I'll breaka your facea."

19. I really like my job but sometimes wish I could just be a fan.

20. It takes me a really long time to read Sports Illustrated because I like to read every word, every article.

21. I really like to play ping pong but don't get to as often as I would like. I have my own butterfly paddle. Who wants a game?

22. I wear a tie to work every day.

23. I have a really small bladder, I pee at least once an hour but I did drive a record of 5 hours straight once without having to stop. Sunflower seeds were key.

24. I only do laundry when I run out of boxers.

25. I have really gotten into a lot of TV shows because of Carla...Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy & Gossip Girl just to name a few. XOXO

No comments: